The best exercise for developing the triceps, is the French seated press. It removes flabbiness of the arms, improves their flexibility and reduces the amount of fat. Muscle condition is stabilized by flexion and extension in the elbow joint. In addition, the joints, shoulder muscles and girdle are strengthened.
Seated press types
Exercises to strengthen the muscles are performed in any position, sitting or standing. They are used to strengthen the posterior head of the triceps. The triceps brachii muscles are mad of three heads, which consist of the long posterior head, lateral head and the medial head.
- The first is responsible for the extension of the elbow joint.
- The second assists the medial head in extending the elbow.
- The third serves to flex the elbow joint.
These can all be training by both experienced athletes and beginners. There are several types of these exercises to hit all of the heads of the triceps.
Seated French Press
Actions are performed using a special bench located at the block device. Using the handle, the cable must pass through the lower block of the cable machine.
The exercise is performed as follows:
- In a sitting position on a bench, with someone’s help, take the handle in your hand, rest your feet firmly on the floor.
- Raise your hands behind your head, palms up, slightly bend your lower back.
- Take a deep breath, straighten your arms.
- Perform arm press. In this case, the arms should be above the head in one line with the body. Elbows do not bend.
- An exhalation is made at the top. Triceps must be tightened.
- Slowly lower your arms and return to their original position.
During the execution of the complex, the back should remain straight. The muscles are tense to the limit. Thus, the risk remains minimal. When performing the French press while seated, the chin always remains raised and looks only forward.
While performing these heavier lifting exercises for the triceps, many athletes use supplements such as Halotestin, Dianabol or Anadrol in order for them to increase their muscle mass gain by several times. Using any of these bulking agents will also provide shorter recovery times, great power and strength gain, along with increased growth of the muscle’s volume and size.
Seated French Dumbbell Press
The instructions for the execution are as follows:
- Take the starting position, resting on the vertical back of the chair.
- The soles of the feet, firmly pressed to the floor, are shoulder-width apart. Dumbbells of the right size are selected.
- When lifting the projectile up, the elbows do not bend.
- At the moment of inhalation, the arms go down; during exhalation, they rise up.
- Then the arms are straightened.
Too sharp movements should be avoided, while straightening the arms, be more careful so as not to get injured. When doing the French press while sitting with dumbbells, the muscles of the back and abs should be in constant tension. You need to start with a small dumbbell weight, gradually increasing it.
For more isolated exercises, these are usually done to provide definition and hardness to the muscles. This can provide progress, but when looking for lean and defined muscles, often Superdrol, Winstrol or Anavar are used to increase the effectiveness of this process. With the use of these substances, a user can lose fat, gain strength, recover much faster and also enhance their lean muscle growth and definition from just a few weeks of use. You can find these helpful training aid substances and more, within our online sports pharmacology store.
Two-handed dumbbell squeeze
A bench is required here.
The procedure is as follows:
- Sit up straight, press your legs to the floor.
- Raise the dumbbell over your head. Turn the palms of the hands to each other with the elbows forward.
- When inhaling, the dumbbell is slowly lowered back, the elbows remain in their original position.
- Linger at the bottom for a short time, stretching the muscles as much as possible. The forearms are in contact with the muscles.
- With a powerful movement, the arms are raised up.
When this is done in a seated position, the two-handed French dumbbell press helps to build the triceps faster. This is suitable for people with short to medium muscles. They train the back shoulder joint well.
Seated One-Arm Dumbbell Press
In this position, the projectile drops to the very bottom, which leads to stimulation of muscle growth. This technique is used by athletes of different levels. The French press seated with one hand is able to stretch the inner beam to maximum stretch.
The algorithm is as follows:
- Sit on a bench with your feet on the floor.
- The dumbbell is placed on the shoulder, then you need to raise it above your head. The palm with the projectile turns forward.
- The other hand raps around the working shoulder from the back or front. The elbow should be firmly pressed against the body.
- A breath is taken. The dumbbell slowly drops behind your head. In this case, the elbow joint remains motionless.
- On exhalation, the hand rises faster than usual.
- The same is done with the other hand.
At first, especially for beginners, you can use a barbell disc for weight. This makes the program easier to execute.
When extending on such a projectile, the long shoulder joint and elbow muscles work most effectively. This is not only due to the large weight, but also due to the exact observance of the technique of movements.
Place a bench horizontally along the line of the cable to which the handle is attached.
Then the following is done:
- Sit with your back slightly bent in the lower back, while sitting on the bench, rest your feet on the floor.
- Straighten your arms above your head.
- Then bend them back at the elbows.
- Take hold of the handle from behind you, palms should be turned towards the ceiling at shoulder-width apart.
- Bend slightly in the lower back. The torso is upright.
- Slightly spread the elbows to the sides, look straight.
- Take a deep breath, hold your breath. Extending your arms upward, squeeze the handle, the elbows do not move.
- Straighten your arms completely, exhale and remain in this position.
- After that, a breath is taken again, and the handle is slowly lowered behind the head.
The exercise of performing the French press, while sitting in the simulator, is repeated several times. Care should be taken to keep the chin parallel to the floor to avoid injury.
The muscles will not grow enough pumping one tricep at a time. If the hand does not change, the muscle will remain thin and loose. Only working both triceps will provide sufficient growth.
This is especially true for women, in whom the triceps are naturally poorly developed. It becomes necessary to tighten the muscles to avoid the appearance of sagging skin on the back of the arms.
Thanks to the pumping of the triceps, the arms will acquire the desired shape, become stronger and more flexible. This helps to achieve good results in sports such as swimming, volleyball, basketball, tennis, gymnastics and other sports disciplines.